Rigas first Jewish cemetery, opened in 1725. In 1945 German forces burnt down the prayer house and the mortuary. The cemetery became a mass burial site for 1000 Jews murdered in the Riga ghetto. After the World War 11 the site was left uncared and deteriorated. In the 1960ies the site was razed and renamed “The Park of the Communist Brigades”. In 1992 the park was renamed “The Old Jewish Cemetery”.